"I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty. - (John D. Rockefeller, Jr.) "
Year 2007.
Every night, I have this habit of going through what I did the whole day, and if I feel I have done something useful, then it makes me fall into a blissful sleep.Thanks to Zorra and Nupur, I took this journey back to my v humble beginnings;Not so long ago - Its been a hectic but a wonderfully content 3 complete months.
I realised that I was indeed contributing something back to all those who gave me lots more,the day when Cynthia commented with the following "Has it only been 3 months? You have made such a significant contribution that it seems that you have been around for a very long time. Congrats on the 50th post and here's to many, many more."
Nothing gives a food blogger more satisfaction than having such encouraging friends and viewers like you all. The idea of starting a food blog started way back in the beginning of the year, but I dint put my thoughts into action - excuses were many - but they dint sustain long enough. After my very first post, I was wondering why in god's name would anyone find mine any different when there are already hoards and hoards of award winning bloggers already at full swing!
But little did I know of the overwhelming and tremendous support coming my way from all my fellow bloggers, friends and also many others who judiciously come to my site although without leaving a comment, but whose imprints ( stats of course! ) makes me feel more encouraged and energetic to go on and on.
Every dish is equally cherished and so it was indeed v hard to choose one, but since I had to I have these listed below for the reasons mentioned.
1) Baked Ricotta with Berries : I consider this one as my first real photo, cos after arranging this and taking a photo, my mom who till date dint believe that I was indeed cooking up a storm ( courtesey : my husband ) saw and kept asking me if I indeed had made that! She was astounded and proud! And what else do I need between a proud mother and a burping hubby! Nothing :-)
2) Cranberry and Apple Pie : I felt honoured beyond reckoning when by chance I stumbled upon this site with 25 Best Thanksgiving Pie Recipes Ever and saw mine at the 6th place! Thanks to Baking Delights who gave me incentive to dare to dream! That was an unparalleled moment till date and which I am sending to Sandra and Zorra
3) Panettone Pudding I made this cos I thought it would be v different from usual bread pudding. Earlier when I was searching for Panettone - I was subjected to blank stares and wonderment where shopkeepers asked me if I was searching for the right thing. My hubby had wonderful hilarious moments when he was like now you have started asking for unknown things!But one day I did get it and no one minded eating their words along with the pudding! But more than that, the number of hits I have had for that post is mindboggling to say the least. I know for a fact that even while writing this post, I have 2 people reading that post. My 2nd most popular post after the pie.
My hand was itching to add few more, but then Year 2008 dawns pretty soon and it gives me hope for another blissful year by the end of which, I am hoping to break my head even more for my best recipe. My learnings to continue with you all next year too.
Am sending this post to Nupur along with wishing everyone a Wonderful and a prosperous New Year