My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://chefinyou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Going Peachy Over S'mple Peach Custard

I had too much trouble last few days and I hold Mansi ( yes, am talking of the same Fun and Food Mansi - U heard me right ) V. much responsible. You ask me Why? I reply Why not? cos who else do I blame for the extinct peaches in all the shops I have been searching it for...? Aah Hah! I heard you snort and quip "Peaches are seasonal dumb dot and it ain't the season now" . Agreed! What about the missing canned ones then ? - Caught You!



I have been hunting for peaches all over - Without success..I am no fan of canned stuff. [ Another one to my "Paranoid" list! ] But then since the season is all over, i thought of them ...I found 100's of candied 100 other things but No Peaches! Guess all have bought it for their entries for Mansi's event! Now U all agree right [ok Mansi, In case u are all geared up to hurl abuses @ me feel free to contact my mail on your right hand side bar! Lets keep it personal ok ;-) ]

Guess, I did lots of grumbling and mumbling, cos how else do i explain the incident which happened y'day evening..

My hubby returns from office and comes and whispers in my ear "I have a surprise for you..Bought u something which am sure U wud luv ". I am all ecstatic..trillion stuff went thro my mind thinking of which of those , which I wanted, was given to me as a surprise! I sure was grinning like a total Idiot! He asked me to close my eyes and placed a cover on my outstretched hands. Hubby - "Tada, open your eyes" . I am totally into the Mills & Boons world now and open my eyes with cinematic expressions ( with slow motion ) in my face. What do I see - I see a shopping Bag! What does it Have - One Can of Peaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways lets divert the conversation [No, I dont think i am telling You, how my face luked after that! Topic change ] With one can of peaches, was thinking of what to make , when I remembered this v.v.v.v simple custard. [ I know it stands no chance againist the wonderful entries you guyz have given! But hey participation is Everything! ;-) ]

Before that- What can I say about Peaches which many of you have not! I think its going to be a broken record all over again..Mansi asked to write about it..and here goes what I researched -




Peaches have their Origin ( or shud I say "roots" ) in China n were bought to US by the spanish missionaries way back in the 18th century. Georgia is called the Peach state although California grows about 99% of cling peaches ( yet I dint find any! )

--> High in Vit A, Vit C and Vit E

--> Calcium rich

-->Provides remedial cure for dry coughs and constipation

OK Will spare all of u with the info and go to the recipe - Peach Custard from my cookbook



and which will be my entry for Mansi's AFAM- Peach. Ya, dint like the way it photographed..wanted to tinker it a bit to make it better like Bee ; but no such luck, guess my photography skills no way match for Bee's ;-) ! But it sure tasted good although not such a looker!

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons custard powder

  • 2 tablespoons sugar

  • 2 cups milk

  • 1 can peaches

  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar



1.Mix the custard powder and the sugar with a little milk till smooth






2.Heat the rest of the milk. Pour onto the mixed custard powder, stirring well.







3.Bring to the boil stirring continuously for 2 minutes.




4.Drain the peaches and arrange the peach halves in an ovenproof dish.



5.Pour the hot custard over the peach halves.





6.Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes.



Once out from the oven, spoon it into glasses/cups and Njoy!








And yes..serve warm ..:)