My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://chefinyou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Egg-Eyed Bread 'o' wich - 'Click' n 'WBB' Event Entry

When Kanch announced the event for WBB as Omelette, I was in a fix whether to join or not, for 2 main reasons. One, I hate eggs, its smell and just cant eat them, but hubby dearie eats them, so learnt how to make Omelettes ,jus v few, so dunno many( What and all we do for our loved ones! ) Two, my in-laws have come visiting and they too dont like eggs to the extent that they cant digest one being cooked right under their noses. So i informed Kanch that I wont be able to take part. But the best part is the very next moment of Kanch's reply to me, I did get an oppurtunity to make some.





Am also sending it to Click event along with Kanch's WBB started by Nandita. There is this story for this recipe. I was newly married and one fine morning after feeding my hubby with idli's ,dosas - u know the typical south indian breakfast - for many mornings past, he popped the sudden question of importance of Protien and how he needs it - thanks to his workout! I was like 'oook,so?". He asked me if I could make egg for him in the mornings. As i mentioned earlier, I hate them and promptly told him so. He was like 'its ok' and left it..but I felt bad and checked out online recipes and made him Omelette one morning..he was v moved at my effort and I was so happy that I kept making him that recipe ever after!!! - until I got bored!.



So one of those peppy morning, I tried to be creative and came up with this recipe. He loved it. About a month after my 'invention' , i was surfing channels and suddenly i saw this channel ( i dont remember which ) where a woman was making eggs just this way! I dint know whether to be happy or sad. Sad because, it sure was not unique and perfectly not my invention [discovery more like it] or Happy that I had a TV show creativity :) Either way, hubby burping away was all that it mattered.





This is a v.v.v.v.v simple recipe and that which takes hardly any effort at all. Here goes


Ingrediants

  • 1 egg

  • 1 bread slice

  • 1/2 tbsp butter

  • salt and pepper to taste

    ..

    ... ( yup thats it! )




Method

1. Cut a hole right in the middle of the bread.



2. Keep the cut piece aside



3. Brush it with butter on both the sides.



4. Place it a Pan which has been lightly greased with PAM.





5. Break open an egg and pour it right in the center of the bread on the hole





6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it. ( or any other additions you can think of. My hubby likes it simple, so i keep it that way )





7. After 3-4 min, once the side is done, turn it over.





8. Cook for few more minutes and its done.


I usually cook the cut pieces of the bread ( the one which we cut out from the bread ) and have them..No wastage!