My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://chefinyou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

When it Rains - It pours.....

...and it sure is, in my part of the world. I am humbled to an unexplainable extent at things which are happening very fast - so fast that, though I want to grasp and enjoy every bit of it - am not able to.

First things first - The deadline for the Potato Fe(a)st Event is fast approaching - 2 more days to go and if you havent sent me that secret potato recipe which makes everyone go totally ga-ga - pls do so immeditely. Cant wait! :)

Its been only 6 months but they seem so rewarding ; worth of 6 yrs of blogging - obviously since I have made some super duper talented friends and who taught me and continue to teach me some remarkable stuff - noesis! Your encouragement and comments have been every bit of fodder to my efforts. My peppiness has only grown what with awards being sent my way.

Siri, sent me this Excellent Blog Award. I appreciate this award a lot but it is nothing compared to how much I value our friendship which bloomed and mystified us like an aurora borealis - colorful and mystical.Our similarities are mind boggling - even to the point of Viji being the one to comment on both of our blogs first!!



I havent forgotton the day when Bee & Jai gave me my first award. The energy boost was immense! Keeping that in mind, I see so many new bloggers ( have to thank the event for that) and they have blogged some AMAZING recipes and if this is what their initial first steps are going to be - I am waiting to see what they come up with next. I am passing this award to those - to continue the remarkable stuff they are doing and feast both our eyes and mouth in the coming years.

It goes to the ppl I have mentioned below for the reasons mentioned above:

1) Saswati

2) Maya

3) Eskay

4) Jayashree


Keep rocking girls. Luking fwd to your delicious creations.

My next award comes from Jayashree who really had wonderful things to say about me. I am honored Jay. Thank you.



"Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”

The above holds so true to so many of you that the list I have in mind is endless! This award is probably another one among your already flourishing Award Shelves, but one cant show their appreciation enough towards such ppl.

1) Indira :- Do I even have to say why ? One look at her blog and write up and U will know what I am talking about.

2) Asha : When I think Asha, I think of a v young bubbly and enthusiastic teenager who just loves the way the world is. Young/Old her way of jus envoloping you in her warm embrace is too enticing to ignore. Love you Asha for what you are and be that way always. ( I am guessing that probably Asha is the only one who has awards more than her cookbooks! ( which BTW is wayyyyyyy lots! ;-) ) - chk out the comments section for the cheeky answer which she is sure to come up! Asha's trademark! :)

3) Bee & Jai : They are to the blogging world what Aamir Khan is to Bollywood. Both perfectionist and both who dont believe in the concept of awards. I would probably be given a sound thrashing from dear Bee for giving this - but am prepared to take that for the fact that I admire the dynamic couple for what they are :)

4) Viji : Another person whom I cant really say anything about! No not because there is nothing to say - but cos whatever I say would feel so less and inept and will not be able to do justice to her! She is so wonderful and I am blessed to have her friendship.

5) Last but def not the least - my best gal pal - Siri . You deserve an award for just being you - leave alone what nautanki's u come up with in your blog :-D Jokes apart - I can never forget the day I almost fell asleep listening to that wonderful yanni's song in the bckgrnd of ur blog and a story post! Fun times that! hehehehe - ok before you start hurling abuses all the way 'from where you are' - lemme say you are the best thing that ever happened to me ( of course apart from 'You-Know-Who'. ok ok I accept - am a Harry potter's fan! )

All said and done - I have to be honest with you all. The above awards would not have been possible at all if not for that silent person in the bckground, who contributed way lots than I can possibly imagine in this field of cooking. I am what I am in this and if at all today I have ppl to appreciate what I do - the credit goes to my best half who encouraged, bore all my experiments, was an excellent critic and mentor and who patiently waits for his favourite foods ( which are pushed off mostly in the back burner! Awe comeone - got to finish for the 'never ending events' first! ) and was the first one ever to call me 'his personal and excellent chef' ( my mom still laughs at that one! Hmph!). So I am giving this award to the person who is the reason for my cooking expeditions - My husband



:) :) :) [ He said he wud rather be called a Kodiak bear but who ever heard of a Guinea Kodiak Bear! ]

This has been one looong post! Thanks for patiently reading through this whole novel(!!). I have been caught up with my work area and many other commitments which I stepped into when I thought I had lots of time (stupid me!) and they are overwhelming me. Thats probably the main reason why I have not been lurking to your sites as often as I would like to. Hoping to get some important things done and then get back with vengeance. Bear with me during this time. As for the round up - I will try to post within the 2nd week of March. Thanks once again for your encouragement and participation in this event. I am totally gratified at your response :)