My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://chefinyou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Pomegranate Smoothie

Come evening, I always fall into a fix with what to eat. With lunch having been digested , the slight grumbling of the tum becomes more and more prominent. The need to make snacks does not seem inviting always and excuses fly! So light, healthy and fast becomes the mantra which brings us to the topic of smoothies.



Smoothies are haven for dieters and the health conscious. I make them often enough and is one of the many ways I make sure to get my 2-3 servings of fruits everyday. Pomegranate smoothie is one I have made on and oft when the season is ripe for pomegranates. But Pomegranate's not in season now, so I thought of using Pomegranate juice after coming across the recipe in this site

Recipe Verbatim as follows

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup silken tofu

  • 1 cup mixed frozen berries ( You can use fresh ones when available )

  • 1/2 cup pomegranate juice ( use the fresh seeds when available )

  • 2 tsp honey ( I use maple syrup and that tastes good too; Can use sugar )

  • 1/4 ice cubes


Method

1.Combine all the ingredients and grind it into a smooth puree.



2.Serve immediately. Adjust the honey w.r.t the sweetness reqd. Usually the sweetness of the pomegranate is quite enough. The tartness of the berries and sweetness of the pomegranate goes v well. Adjust the thickness by either adding more tofu or juice as per reqd.

This is my entry to AFAM : Pomegranate hosted by Sra and to

Sig who is hosting this month's MBP event : Mixed Drinks