My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://chefinyou.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby Potatoes & Edamame Curry

Baby Potatoes are so adorable! But then anything 'babyish' are so chweet Dont you think so? :) Trips to food market that way are a bad addiction for me, since I often end up buying veggies cos they luked 'choo cute' ( I hear 'Blech' 'retching' nearby!!). So today, I fell into the same old trap. I saw these v fresh teeny weeny potatoes and had to buy!



My freezer is always well ( ahem 'Over') stocked. I had these frozen shelled edamame beans waiting to be used and I used them along with baby potatoes to make a v nutritious and protein rich meal.



Ingredients

  • 1 pkt baby Potatoes ( approx 500 gms )

  • 3/4 cup of shelled edamame

  • 1 onion, sliced

  • 1 bell peppers, sliced ( I used orange colored one )

  • 3/4 cup tomato puree

  • 1 tsp garam masala

  • 1/2 amchoor powder

  • 1/2 tsp fennel seeds

  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds

  • a pinch of asafoedita

  • 1 green chilli, sliced ( or as per taste )

  • salt to taste

  • bunch of mint and cilantro leaves


Method

1. Wash and clean the baby potatoes well and boil them till soft. Peel and set aside.Boil the edamame beans for 5 min.



2.In a skillet, using little olive oil, add cumin and fennel seeds. When the smell slowly starts emanating add the onions and bell peppers and saute them till soft.



3.Add the tomato puree and 1/4 cup of water and let it come to a boil. Season it with garam masala, amchoor powder and asafoedita and salt.



4.Add the potatoes and the beans and cook well till blended and it becomes gravyish.



5.Add the mint leaves and mix them well.Garnish with cilantro.



This is my entry for Sia's Ode to Potatoes and to Potato Fe(a)st hosted by me.